Thursday, April 29, 2010

Meatlesss May

I am thinking about going vegetarian for the month of May.  I've thought about becoming a vegetarian on and off for four or five years, but have never thought that it was actually the right choice for me.  However, in my efforts to be healthy, fit, and happy, I figured that I would try it for a month and see what happens.  I already buy meat substitutes from Target (like MorningStar chicken nuggets or black bean burgers) and have cooked a few times with tofu from WalMart.  I don't think I'll miss meat so much as I'll miss the convenience of going through a drive-through on my way to class.  I also don't want to have to explain to people all the time why I'm not eating meat.  Especially since I'm not necessarily doing it for any ethical or moral reasons.

What do you think?  Am I crazy?  Do you have any tips or critisisms?

1 comment:

  1. I think it's ok to be semi-vegetarian. I often am by default, not actual planning. You know I love my pasta...

    I don't think there's a need to explain anything to anyone, you can just say you've decided to cut back on meat for health reasons or just to see how you feel.

    I suggest using eggplant and portobello mushrooms as meat substitutes, there are a lot of recipes online! And you don't have to give up drive-throughs! A lot of them have salads, breakfast items with just eggs and cheese, hash browns, fruits, etc. Wendy's has baked potatoes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete